I grew up watching Gene Kelly movies. My mom would take my sister and I to the library to rent old musicals on VHS. (I know, old school.)
He was always our favorite. An effortless dancer. He sang too. And of course that smile! It didn’t hurt that my mother had done a stage show or two with him in the past and had wonderful stories to tell. That definitely added to our admiration of the classic screen star.
With a tip of the hat to the charming Irishman on his birthday (and boy could he wear a hat), here’s a few gifts inspired by some of my favorite Gene Kelly films.
1. Pelican Boots by Sperry Top-Sider
2. Woolrich John Rich & Bros. Heritage Officer Coat
3. The Sky Umbrella fends off rain with blue skies underneath!
4. Prints of Paris by fine art photographer Irene Suchocki
5. Renoir Straw Porkpie Hat
6. Lemon Ball Vintage Baseball
7. Ebbet’s Flanell vintage replica: 1940 Hollywood Stars Cap