Want to join Team Wantist?
We’re looking for Writers!
At Wantist we’ve got this audacious goal of helping people give an amazing gift on every occasion.
We think it’s a pretty universal emotion when you receive an amazing gift—the presentation is killer, the gift is thoughtful, unique and speaks directly to the relationship between two people. It’s an interaction that goes beyond the thing itself and represents a connection, an understanding, a friendship, through the exchange of a great gift.
And, it’s not just the recipient that benefits from an amazing gift-giving experience. It’s pretty awesome for the giver too—the hunt, the discovery, the “oh that’s perfect!” moment, the care you give to wrapping it just right, deciding where and how you’ll give it, and the anticipation until you see their happy face.
This is the narrative we want to tell. These are the experiences we want to help facilitate. These are the ideas we want to build a community around. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for beguiling and brilliant bloggers that will share our enthusiasm and create content that excites, educates and engages.
We’d like you to contribute regularly, bring loads of ideas, and certainly be better writers than we are.
We want to collaborate with you on a list of content types we have in mind, as well as help us dream up and execute on those we haven’t thought of yet.
Other requirements and things you should know:
- You should be very comfortable using WordPress
- Please have access to Skype/video chat
- Be great at and willing to participate in the conversation/comments
- Skilled at sourcing, editing and attributing images
- Light graphic design abilities for image groupings a plus
- Posts will be published with your name as the author with a link to more about you (redesign coming soon)
- We’re only considering writers from the US and Canada at this time
- Your ability to drive traffic is part of the job. Traffic bonuses will be happily given as merited.
If you’d like to be considered, please email us with a quick paragraph about how rad you are and how you’ll help make us better. Also send:
- Samples of your work
- Links to your presence around the web (your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.)
- What you’d like to be paid
- Anything else you think we should see
If you seem like the icing to our cupcake, first we’ll do a short trial run (during which we’ll pay you a nominal fee per post) and then we’ll go from there.
This is an exciting next step for Wantist and we’re thrilled you’d like to be a part of it. Please send your submission to email@example.com and title it: New Writer for Wantist.